Coffee: 7-8 tbsp (40 grams)
Time: 4½ - 5 minutes
Water: 21 oz (600 grams)
1. Place the Chemex filter into the top of the Chemex with the 3 layered side facing the spout.
2. Pour hot water through the filter to preheat the vessel and remove any paper flavor.
3. Add ground coffee and give a quick shake to level out the grounds.
4. Start your timer and gently pour a small amount of water into the center of the grounds, ensuring even saturation. Let the coffee “bloom” or expand for 30 seconds.
5. Slowly pour water in a circular motion, keeping water level between 1/2 and 2/3 full.
7. When you reach the desired amount of water, toss the filter, swirl the brew and serve. Voila!